Recipe: Chicken & Veggie Meal
A simple, homemade, nutritious and yummy meal for your canine.
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.4 kg (3 pounds) minced chicken
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup peas, canned or frozen
- Add 3 cups of water in a large saucepan and cook the rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the minced chicken and loosen with a wooden spoon or spatula while stirring. Cook until browned.
- Stir in the spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas and brown rice until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is heated through.
- Let it cool completely.
Once cooled down, divide into single servings, make a note of the date, and freeze or let your pooch indulge!