Recipe: Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Cookies
Show some love by spoiling your dog with these homemade, slightly crunchy cookies.
- ¾ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (Xylitol free)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (375 °F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add pumpkin, peanut butter, and egg yolk. Use an electric mixer and whisk until well combined.
- Using a separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Dough will be quite dry.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface into approximately 5mm (1/4 inch) thickness.
- Use fun cookie cutters to cut shapes out of dough. Transfer to baking sheet. Ensure to leave enough space in between.
- Bake cookies for 20-25 minutes depending on size.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store cookies in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Make sure that the peanut butter does not contain xylitol, which can be toxic to dogs.
- Consult with your veterinarian about any allergies your dog may have.