Recipe: Cheesy Cat Treats
Make kitty smile with these homemade cheesy cat treats.
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the cheese, yoghurt, then add the flour and cornmeal.
- Add enough water to create a workable dough.
- Form the dough into a ball, and then roll out onto a lightly floured surface into a square or rectangle approximately 5mm (1/4 inch) thick.
- Cut the dough into 2.5 cm (one inch) sized pieces and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store cookies in airtight container.
- Use vanilla yoghurt or sour cream instead of plain yoghurt.
- Consult with your veterinarian about any allergies your cat may have.