Recipe: Chicken & Catnip Treats
Make these chicken & catnip treats to find a quick way to your feline’s heart.
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk, fat free
- ½ cup chicken, cooked & finely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp fresh, diced catnip (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine and mix together the chicken, milk and flour.
- Add the beaten egg, oil, water and catnip (if using). Stir well to form a sticky dough.
- Shape the dough into teaspoon-sized balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Lightly flatten the balls into discs with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Then turn them around and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Consult with your veterinarian about any allergies your cat may have.